Friday 20 November 2009

My Fantasy


Date: Tuesday 17th November 2009
Found: Cancer Research Charity shop, West Ealing, London
Price: £1

Teddy Riley featuring Guy - My Fantasy
(Extended Version - Music from "Do the Right Thing")
MCA Records, 1989

A
1. My Fantasy (Extended Version)

B
1. Rap
2. Bonus Beats

Another New Jack Swing classic. Afterall Teddy Riley is said to have invented New Jack Swing - clever man. I bought this based on the fact that it was featured in one of my favourite films ever: Spike Lee's Do The Right Thing, and I was not disappointed! Despite the outward appearance of this record's sleeve, the vinyl inside was undamaged and played smoothly after cleaning. This is a great song and I think I prefer this extended version to all the other versions out there. I also enjoyed the Rap version on the B Side that features Wreckx N Effect.


No comments:

Post a Comment