Monday 27 September 2010

This Time, Baby


Date: 1st September 2010
Found: Cat's Protection League Charity Shop, Ealing, London
Price: £1 

Jackie Moore - This Time, Baby 
CBS, 1984 

1. This Time, Baby

1. This Time, Baby (Instrumental)
2. Let's Go Somewhere and Make Love

I had this record in my shopping cart on Discogs for months, debating whether or not I wanted to part with £15 for it, so I was pretty lucky to find this near mint copy for only £1, just a 3 minute walk from my house!!

This Time Baby is a proper good disco song; smooth, soulful vocals, classic disco strings and a nice groove.  Originally released in 1979, it is a cover of the O'Jays 1978 version which wasn't massively successful. On the B side is the instrumental and Let's Go Somewhere and Make Lovewhich is a slightly cheesy pop ballad.

Unfortunately most people know of this song because it was sampled in the horrific 2005 clubland hit Love On My Mind by The Freemasons (and if you need reminding of the horror...)However, if you can block that out of your mind then you should be able to appreciate how beautiful this song is.

See below for the youtube video:


No comments:

Post a Comment