Thursday 15 October 2009

Bizarre Inc.


Date: Friday 9th October 2009
Found: In Cancer Research charity shop in West Ealing, London.
Price: £1

Bizarre Inc (featuring Angie Brown) - Took My Love

Vinyl Solution, 1993

A
1. Original Flavour Mix
2. MK H. Remix

B
1. Room 101 Mix
2. Knew Family Club mix

I bought this record because I am a big fan of Playing With Knives but I hadn't really heard anything else by them, except I'm Gonna Get You which featured on a tape cassette my mum got from saving up nescafé tokens. I had to listen to that song every morning on the car ride to school.

Childhood traumas aside, I really do like this record now, the song has grown on me a lot. You can listen the original version here. However it's not that version I am most interested in. The MK H. Remix is amazing - it's kind of early garage / deep house.



I did a little bit of research on MK (Marc Kinchen) to see what other remixes he had done and I discovered that he is now producing this and this. Shame.

I hate to admit it but another motive for me buying this record was the artwork. It epitomises style in the early 90s UK dance music scene in that it looks as if it was designed by Moschino! From the heart shaped doll face to the bold typographic styles all over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment