Thursday 29 October 2009

Doin' Our Own Dang'



Date: Thursday 29th October 2009
Found: eBay
Price: 50p

Jungle Brothers feat. Native Tongues - Doin' Our Own Dang'

Warner Music, 1990


A
1. Doin' Our Own Dang' (Do It To The JB's Remix)

B
1. Doin' Our Own Dang' (Norman Cook Remix)
2. Doin' Our Own Dang' (Richie Fermie Remix)

I finally got my hands on this record after letting it slip away in a charity shop before I knew how good this song was!!! Featuring all the Native Tongues together on one track, this is an iconic hip hop track.

I like the hip house vibe of the A side edit, it was the main factor behind me buying the record... as good as the original version is. On the B side there is a Norman Cook (of Fat Boy Slim fame) remix with a funky guitar bassline and a Richie Fermie Remix which is far more Afrocentric.

Watch the video below for the Do It To The JB's Remix version below.


No comments:

Post a Comment