Tuesday 19 January 2010

Grandpa's Party


Date: 25th December 2009
Found: Wrapping paper, Somerset
Price: £0

Monie Love - Grandpa's Party

Cooltempo, 1989

A
1. Grandpa's Party (The Love II Love Remix)

B
1.
Grandpa's Party (Music Mix)
2. I'm Driving You Crazy

So we haven't posted much recently due to a lack of trips to charity shops/ a lack of decent vinyl available in the charity shops we do go to/ Pac having a saturday job = no Deptford Market/ a lack of money to spend on records. Therefore I have decided to write about the Records that Pac got me for Christmas to tide you over!

This first record is a song that I wrote about previously as it was on the Monie Love album Down To Earth that I bought a few months ago. However the problem with buying albums is that the playback is often quieter and not quite the full quality you'd get with a 12" single. Plus you get a couple of remixes thrown in that can open up a whole new side to a much loved song.

So knowing how much I love Grandpa's Party, you can only imagine how overjoyed I was to find this in my pile of presents on Jesus' Birthday!

I'm not going bore you by repeating what I wrote about the Love II Love Remix which also appears on the album. However the vinyl includes the Music Mix, that I hadn't heard before by Richie Ferme who also remixed Doin' Our Own Dang. I think I prefer this remix as it has a much more house-y feel to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment