Thursday 19 August 2010

Break 4 Love


Date: 28th July 2010
Found: Discogs
Price: £1 

Raze - Break 4 Love 
Champion Records, 1988 

1. Break 4 Love
1. Break 4 Love (Caught in the Act Mix)

A beautiful song from Vaughn Mason (who was responsible for Bounce, Rock, Skate, Roll) with a sublime vocal from Keith Thompson. I didn't really realise how much I love this song until I bought it. I remember playing Grand Theft Auto with my little brother and always choosing the radio station that had this song! It's a subtle enough song to just listen to and relax, but still has the power to get people dancing in a club.

The Caught in the Act Mix is much deeper and more drawn out. I think I like both the same, the original is more poppy but the B side is a nice darker alternative.

Watch the two videos below for the Original & the Caught in the Act Mix.




No comments:

Post a Comment