Thursday 19 August 2010

Where is My Man?



Date: 4th August 2010
Found: Soul & Dance Exchange, Notting Hill Gate, London 
Price: 50p

Eartha Kitt
Record Shack Records, 1983

A
1. Where is My Man? (Vocal)

B
1. Where is My Man? (Instrumental)

An absolute One Pound Vinyl favourite from Catwoman herself! (RIP)

This was such a bargain find (50p!?) and quite a surprise, Pac was very jealous after leaving me to rifle through all the bargain soul 12"s  on my own. I love this song, it always make me want to get up and disco dance around the room. Eartha Kitt's voice is amazing and bizarre, she actually sounds like a cat - rolling those Rrrrrs. Brilliant record!

Watch the video below for the Vocal version and to see Eartha Kitt acting mental around lots of leopard print and mirrors.



No comments:

Post a Comment